At the end of August, I’ll be on a plane to the beautiful island of Oahu. This won’t be my first time in paradise. I’ve been to Oahu twice, as well as Kauai, Maui and the Big Island (spoiled, I know). Normally, going to one place so many times would get boring, but Hawaii never does. Beyond the breath-taking views and crystal blue waters that everyone is sure to enjoy, there is a lot to do in Hawaii that keeps it interesting and makes each visit unique. Here is my list of a few things I’m excited to return to and some new things I’m excited to try.
1. Of course, lying on the beach and listening to the soothing ocean sounds is my number one priority. While Utah’s landscape has a lot to offer, it is seriously lacking a sunny sea to escape to. My landlocked woes always melt away the instant I land in Hawaii, and I’m sure this trip will be no exception. I fully plan on getting my fix and then some during this vacation.
2. Paddle boarding. I’ll be visiting my aunt and uncle who live on Oahu during my trip and they have promised to show me the wonders of paddle boarding. I’ve heard mixed reviews on this oceanic sport. Some reviews have been overwhelmingly positive, while others have been less than impressed. My family swears by it, not only for fun, but for a fabulous workout. Although I’m a little afraid of water, I’m excited to jump in and try my sea legs on a paddleboard.
3. Sea turtles. Who wouldn’t be excited about sea turtles? One of my fondest vacation memories was snorkeling with a sea turtle last time I was on the Big Island. I’m excited to revisit my turtle friends at a semi-secret turtle beach that my family found. Sunbathing and snorkeling with sea turtles in their natural habitat is something only Hawaii can provide and it’s a magical experience.
4. Food and drinks. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that Hawaii is flooded with fine dining establishments. Ranging everywhere from Marriott’s Ko’Olina Beach Club premier steak and seafood restaurant to Matsumoto’s Shave Ice, Oahu offers good food for any budget. On top of delicious dining, I plan to indulge in a few classic Hawaiian cocktails like the lovely Lava Flow while sitting on the beach.
5. Something adventurous. I’ve explored the Dole Plantation maze and eaten their homemade pineapple ice cream, I’ve sat through a traditional Hawaiian Luau at the beautiful Polynesian Cultural Center, I’ve swam with dolphins in a Hawaiian wildlife preserve and I’ve slept in a hut in the rainforest. However, there are so many other amazing Hawaiian adventures to be had. Perhaps I’ll go cliff jumping or take a helicopter tour or finally learn to surf. Whatever you can dream of doing, Hawaii makes it possible.
It’s clear to see, you can never go to Hawaii just once. Check out our great deals on Hawaiian timeshares and make it easy for you and your family to experience the wonders of paradise. With resorts in Oahu, Maui and Kauai, you’ll be able to find the perfect annual getaway. If it’s time to sell your Hawaii timeshare, we are happy to list it for FREE on our site. Contact one of our agents today and see what Hawaii has in store for you and check back in September for a blog about my trip!